19 Oct 2024 19:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Dec 2007 13:54:01
Message: <476422c9$1@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos wrote:
>> So, when God told Moses to commit genocide, killing everyone in an entire
>> city except the virgin girls, which he should rape, that was by definition
>> good?

> In that age every society/race/group had to fight to survive. A lot like the
> Darwinists'"Survival of the fittest". It was not just the jews that
> destroyed whole cities, lots of other groups did exactly the same thing.

So I take that to mean your answer is "Yes, God told Moses to commit
genocide, and it was good."

> God never told anyone to rape - your imagination is running away with you.

Numbers 31:18 - Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept
with a man.  Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep
them for yourselves.

Duteronomy 20:10 or so - When the LORD your God hands it over to you,
kill every man in the town.  But you may keep for yourselves all the
women, children, livestock, and other plunder.  You may enjoy the spoils
of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

Exodus 21:7 - When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be
freed at the end of six years as the men are.

Zecharaih 14 -  Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall
be divided in your midst.  And I will gather all the nations against
Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women
ravished;

>>> Would you let someone live in your house that you know has bad intentions
>>> toward you?
>> If I was omnipotent and all-loving, sure. Why not?  Why wouldn't you,
>> other than fear?  Are you saying God doesn't *like* people who don't
>> worship him?
>>
> God doesn't want anyone to perish, he has an open invitation to everyone.

Yet only under his terms. Doesn't sound too generous. You're changing
your story again, btw.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it